If you are eating food right now... put it down. This will make you nauseous. Were you surprised by any of these? Let us know on our Facebook!
Here are five gross things that are LEGALLY allowed into your food thanks to the FDA.
1. Mites in frozen broccoli. There can be up to 60 mites per 100 grams of broccoli without breaking any laws. 100 grams is about three-and-a-half ounces.
2. Maggots in your maraschino cherries. 5% is the cutoff. That means that you could still get a jar of cherries that is 4% maggots.
3. Rodent hairs in cinnamon. Every fifty grams can have up to 11 hairs in it, and that's perfectly acceptable to the FDA.
4. Sand in your raisins. You can have up to 40 milligrams of sand per 100 grams of raisins.
5. "Mammalian excreta" in your ginger . . . a.k.a., rat poop. Every pound of ginger is allowed to have up to three milligrams of rat poop mixed in.
For more gross items, and resources... click HERE-BUZZFEED